Joshua Tree is a wonderful place. It’s also located in the larger wonder of the Mojave Desert. When visiting, please remember the following:
- The desert environment is fragile – please treat it with care and take everything you brought back out with you.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – carry water with you and in your car. Art appreciation is a thirsty business.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Protect yourself.
- Bring a great hat – it’s not just a fashion item, it can make the difference.
- Bring a fleece and/or a buddy – temperature drops at night!
- Careful where you drive and park – don’t get stuck. The Joshua Treenial venues are all on or near paved roads. Take care when you leave the pavement and only park where you
know you can get out. Four wheel drive rules.
- Bring a flashlight for guidance under our dark skies.
- There are critters in the desert – snakes, scorpions and the like. Take care when in rocky areas and keep a good lookout when walking around. At the same time, don’t be scared 🙂
- Your participation in the Joshua Treenial is at your own risk. Now go out and have some fun.